VIRTUAL RACING, 39.3 miles TOGETHER!
Start June 21st * August 8th * Finish by September 12th
Stay motivated and reach your goals! We can do this together from your own trails or road shoulders in your community. Commit to running the full 39.3 miles, which is half marathon 3 times- GO!
What you get:
- 🤗You decide to do any distance from 5K to the full 39.3 Mile challenge at your own pace through June 24 – September 12
- 👕Custom-designed poly blend short sleeve shirt
- 🏅Custom “Do the Distance” medal
- 🎉Special kick-off opening ceremony on June 21 live stream
- 📝Virtual challenge account where you can log your miles and see how you are stacking up against others in a fun non-competitive way.
- 🎁Opportunity to earn some free swag
- 📷A place to post your photos of your journey and share with others and on social
- 🌐Blogs about the history of each area, the events, and more fun tidbits
- 🤑15% discount off of the series or any of the series events in 2021
- 😁and feeling great about doing the challenge while supporting the amazing youth programs all of the iconic partner events provide.
The Colorado Mountain Half Marathon Series partner events are going virtual in an effort to keep the communities, the participants, staff, and volunteers safe. We will return in 2021, but for this year we challenge you to “Do the Distance” while supporting each of the events non-profit missions.
While we may not be able to be together in person, the three events that comprise the Colorado Mountain Half Marathon Series all benefit important youth programs in their communities and besides, we all love a good challenge. So we invite you to join us for the “Do the Distance” 39.3 challenge. The best part, you can do anywhere from 5K to the full 39.3 Mile challenge and you can decide how you want to complete them such as three 13.1 mile runs/walks, or you can break it up into as many days and miles as you need to get up to 39.3. You will have from now until mid-fall (2020) to complete the challenge.
We all love a Colorado original and we certainly love the beauty and tranquility of our rocky mountains. Three of Colorado’s original & most beloved half marathons-Estes Park Half Marathon, Georgetown to Idaho Springs & Ned * Ned– have joined together to create:
for 2021, Run Among the Peaks and experience the beautiful seasons
Starting in June, ESTES PARK HALF MARATHON, part of the Estes Park Marathon, offers a fun race weekend with activities & race distances for the entire family. Runners and friends will enjoy this popular destination race. Run this extraordinarily beautiful, mountain landscaped course, that is surrounded by Rocky Mountain National Park.
Early August: Next test your speed and work to a new PR with one of Colorado’s oldest half marathons, the Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon (known as GTIS Half) takes place in August. You start at beautiful Georgetown Lake between towering Rocky Mountains as you cruise through what is mostly a downhill and fast course into iconic Idaho Springs.
Early September: The series wraps up with the Ned*Ned Half Marathon in Nederland in September. This gorgeous course offers road shoulders and 70% trail terrain. Surrounded by golden Aspen groves and vast scenic views of snow capped Continental Divide mountains, Runners will enjoy all that is amazing in Colorado. Nederland is known for its amazing beauty and the world renowned Frozen Dead Guy (I know I have your attention now). It is nestled in a valley cut out by glaciers; you will run mostly on trails in beautiful national forests with Barker Reservoir as your backdrop.
Information about the Colorado Mountain Half Series & competition awards: www.comtnhalf.com