Early: Until December 1st
- Marathon $75
- Half marathon $65
- 10K $35
- 5K $35
Second Price tier: Dec 2nd to December 31st
- Marathon $85
- Half marathon $75
- 10K $40
- 5K $40
Third Price tier: January 1st until February 29th
- Marathon $ 95
- Half Marathon $ 85
- 10K $40
- 5K $40
Fourth Price tier: March 1st until April 30th
- Marathon $ 105
- Half Marathon $95
- 10K $45
- 5K $45
Final: May 1st to Race Day
- Marathon $115
- Half Marathon $105
- 10K $45
- 5K $45
- Marathon: Saturday, 8:00am-5:00pm and Sunday, starting at 4:30am at the Estes Park High School commons.
- Half-Marathon: Saturday, 8:00am- 5:00pm or Sunday, starting at 4:30AM at registration.
- 10K: Saturday, 8:00am -5:00pm and Sunday, 6:00am at registration.
- 5K: SATURDAY, 8:00- 5:00pm at the EPHS commons
- FINISHER CERTIFICATES– All marathon finishers will be emailed a finisher certificate after the race.
- AWARDS: Age Group Awards for the Marathon & Half-Marathon: 19 & under, 20–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50- 59, 60- 69, 70 -79, 80+. Overall Masters category- 40 years and older.
- AWARD PICK-UP: Marathon awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- Half Marathon
- Available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- 10K awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- 5K awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
[sgpx gpx=”/wp-content/uploads/gpx/2019 marathon.gpx”]
- From the start line runners will enter northbound, scenic Colorado State Highway 7 and descend for 3.7 miles.
- Runners will turn right onto Fish Creek Road. At Fish Creek Road, runners will continue descending for an additional 3 miles to Scott Ave., turning left to access the Scott Ponds Trail (paved). For a little over a one mile, runners climb 14o ft to the Hwy 7 bike path.
- At Avalon Drive, runners leave the path and descend to Acacia Drive, which joins Fish Creek Road again.
- Runners turn left onto Fish Creek Road and continue to descend to Brodie Avenue.
- Turning left at Brodie Ave., Runner’s will enter the Lake Estes Trail multi-use path that winds thru Stanley Field to Lake Estes pedestrian tunnel. Once thru the tunnel (Lake Estes shoreline), turn left (clock-wise) around Lake Estes to the Highway 34 pedestrian tunnel (north east).
Marathon: Runners 6:00AM & ALL Walkers MUST START at 5:30AM
Half Marathon : 6:30 AM
10K: 8:00 am
5K: Start time: 8:00 AM at the Estes Park Marina
- Start location: The Dao House (formerly named Aspen Lodge), 6120 CO- Hwy 7. Start line is located at the lower parking lot, same location as the Half Marathon.
- Transportation to Start Line: All Marathon participants must take the provided Estes Park Trolley, Rapid Transit Buses & Rocky Mountain Transit buses to the Dao House start line area. Estes Park Marathon participants will be picked-up from the Estes Park High School parking lot beginning at 4:15AM. The last Trolley leaves at 5:00AM for Marathon. The Dao House restaurant will be providing free coffee and beverages at their facility just steps away from the Start line. You will be able to remain sheltered, warm and relaxed at their building. There is NO transportation provided to return to start area post race. Runners are allowed to be dropped off by private vehicles.
- Start Support: The Dao House will provide water, coffee, juice and restrooms while runners wait for the start. Clothes drop bags will be provided at start line for retrieval at finish line. Porta Potties provided near start line.
- Half Marathon
- Dao House, on CO Highway 7, lower parking lot.
- Transportation: ALL Runner’s must use the School Busses, Estes Park Trolley or Rocky Mountain Transit busses to be transported to the start line, beginning at 4:30AM and final departure 5:30AM from the Estes Park High School (race registration & packet pick-up location). Runners may be dropped off by private vehicle at the Dao House, but cars are NOT allowed to remain on property once the races begin. We thank you for your cooperation! Runners who arrive early to the Dao House, may stay indoors at lobby. Coffee and restrooms will be provided.
- Start Line Support: Early arrival Runners will be welcomed by the Dao House with coffee, warm lobby and restrooms. Gear drop off will be provided to those wanting to leave items and can be retrieved at the finish line
- West of Stadium, Middle School parking lot
- Estes Park Marina. Please take the Estes Park Trolley from the EP High School to start line (located at the Lake Estes Marina)
- Aid Stations & Water Stations: Provided approximately every 2 miles. Beginning at MM4, Aid stations offer: VFuel Endurance Gels, Honey Stinger waffles & chews, Gatorade. Water Stations offer: Water & Gatorade.
- Public Restrooms & PP: PP located at all Aid Stations. Public Restrooms are located along the Lake Estes Trail.
Estes Park is a small community with a big heart. We take pride in our generous community sponsorship. We invite you to support our local sponsors. See the local area information below and visit our sponsor page to check on who has made this race possible!
DIRECTIONS TO ESTES PARK MARATHON
FROM THE DENVER AREA AND BOULDER:
Drive north on I-25 to Hwy 66. Drive west through Lyons, Colorado. Take Hwy 36 west to Estes Park. When you drive into the Estes Valley you will drive across Lake Estes on the causeway. As soon as you cross the causeway turn left on Community Dr. At the end of the road there is a stop sign at Manford Ave. Enter the large parking area to your left. Follow the signs to Estes Park High School – registration and packet pick-up is located in the Student Center. Race start locations are in the car park areas and are well signed..
FROM CHEYENNE, GREELEY, LOVELAND AND FORT COLLINS:
Drive south on I-25 to Hwy 34. Drive west through Loveland, Colorado. Stay on Hwy 34 to Estes Park. Once in Estes Park turn left at the 1st traffic light onto Hwy 36. Then turn right just before the 1st traffic light onto Hwy 7. Turn left at the 1st traffic light onto Manford Ave. Manford Ave ends at the school district. Enter the large parking area to your left. Follow the signs to Estes Park High School – registration and packet pick-up is located in the Student Center. Race start locations are in the car park areas and are well signed.
FROM THE WEST:
Take I-70 east through Idaho Springs, Colorado. Soon after Idaho Springs exit onto Hwy 6 to the traffic light at Hwy 119. Turn left and drive through Black Hawk, Colorado. Continue on Hwy 119 to Nederland, Colorado. In Nederland turn left onto Hwy 72. Drive through Ward, Colorado on Hwy 72 to Hwy 7 near Allenspark, Colorado. Turn left on Hwy 7 and drive through Allenspark and Meeker Park to Estes Park. In Estes Park turn right at the 1st traffic light onto Manford Ave. Manford Ave ends at the school district. Enter the large parking area to your left. Follow the signs to Estes Park High School – registration and packet pick-up is located in the Student Center. Race start locations are in the car park areas and are well signed.
ACCOMMODATIONS & PLANNING
Visit Estes Park provides up to date information about Estes Park lodging, camping, events, dining and must see venues. We recommend incorporating Visit Estes Park into your travel planning. Locate their website by clicking here.
Estes Park News is a wonderful resource for local event planning, updates on community information and fantastic photos!
The Estes Park Shuttle offers transportation from Denver International Airport (DIA) to Estes Park. At a very reasonable rate, you will arrive safely and to your destination’s door step. The Estes Park Shuttle offers charters for groups.
The Estes Park Running Club is a member of the Estes Area Lodging Association (EALA).
YMCA of the Rockies is a year round vacation family vacation center conference facility just minutes away from RMNP.See the YMCA of the Rockies website for more information on the accommodations.
The Estes Park Resort is on the water front of Lake Estes. This grand lodge offers views, great dining, and easy access to the 5k start line!
The Stanley Hotel is Estes Park’s historic and luxury hotel. The Lodge is newly renovated and is a B & B. See their picture gallery here. Make reservations early for any summer stays as The Lodge and hotel fill quickly. Go to their website or follow on Facebook for up to date events and special features!
McGregor Mountain Lodge, along Fall River Road, is a big supporter of the Estes Park Marathon and the Estes Park Running Club events. Their lodging offers sweeping views of Deer Mountain and the Continental Divide. We encourage you to contact them for race weekend accommodations or throughout the year.
Rams Horn Village Resort, located next to Rocky Mountain National Park’s Hwy 36 entrance, offers luxury cabins and recreational grounds for the entire family. We recommend this year-round resort!
Solitude Cabins is located across the road from the finish line area. This year-round lodging offers views and lots of wildlife!
Rocky Mountain Park Inn is located about 1 mile from the start line and finish area. If you are looking for more of a hotel setting, this is the place! It is conveniently located near downtown Estes Park.
Boulder Brook on Fall River is tucked into Pine trees and the banks of the beautiful Fall River. You will experience a peaceful and serene stay while at Boulder Brook. Located just a few miles from the Hwy 34 entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION
Colorado Mountain Half Marathon Series
The Estes Park Half Marathon is part of the Colorado Mountain Half Marathon Series. Experience 3 amazing Colorado courses in the summer and the fall, starting with the Estes Park Half Marathon! Register for all three and save!
What other runners are saying
“Thanks for an awesome race! I give you guys an A+ on the frequent water stations, porta potties… and of course, the views!”
“Do this run to celebrate all that you love about running. . . and to experience the grandeur of a spectacular part of the world.”
Ran the Half. Loved everything. Water stops were fully stocked for the entire Half, unbelievable! Wonderful volunteers. Beautiful course. Don’t know why the race is so small. Am definitely running it next year!
This was my first marathon, and I can’t speak highly enough about my experience at this race. Great volunteers, AMAZING aid stations, and breathtaking scenery. The weather was perfect throughout the entire day. It’s a very small race, so if you are looking for lots of spectators or fellow participants- look elsewhere. I’ve never seen aid stations stocked so well- and I’ve run many half marathons and they have nothing on this race!
Belle Morris – Race Director