- Date: June 21st, 2020, Sunday
- Start time: 8:00 AM at the Estes Park Marina. Please take the Estes Park Trolley from the EP High School to start line (located at the Lake Estes Marina).
- Registration: IS ALLOWED on Sunday, before 7:30am.
- Packet Pick-up & registration: SATURDAY, 8:00- 5:00pm at the EPHS commons
- ESTES PARK TROLLEY will transport 5K runners to the Lake Estes Marina start line. Departures from Estes Park High School are 6:45am and 7:35am. We encourage taking the earliest departure, to secure space on the trolley!
- Age Group Awards for the 5K: 13 & under, 14 – 16, 17 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40- 49, 50 – 59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- 5K awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- Map of 5K COURSE can be found here
- All four races end at the Estes Park High School track and field (elevation 7,550 feet).
- The course is marked with yellow directional signs when there are turns. In critical spots there will also be course marshals.
Max elevation: 7526 ft
Min elevation: 7467 ft
Total climbing: 256 ft
Total descent: -230 ft
5K course description:
Our lake side 5K course continues to grow in popularity for the elite runner and recreational jogger. Featuring grand views of Longs Peak and Mount Meeker to the south and the Mummy Range to the north, race participants are able to enjoy their love for running at the worlds most beautiful location! Following the bike path around Lake Estes, connects each participant with the joy of being fit and appreciation for living life fully. This run is perfect for the entire family and group of friends to experience together!
Runners start at the Estes Park Marina, near the Estes Park Resort. Runners follow the northern bike path, counter-clockwise, around the lake to the pedestrian tunnel. Runners enter tunnel, pass the Dog Park area and follow path to Brodie Ave turning right uphill to track and field entrance on the right side of Brodie Avenue, and run less than one lap to finish line on track counter clockwise and be greeted by enthusiastic crowds at the finish line!
Group Runs organized by the Estes Park Running Club & Professional Coaching
TUESDAY EVENING FUN RUN SERIES at the STANLEY HOTEL, year round!
- WARM-UP & REGISTER: 5:30PM meet at Stanley Hotel.
- RUN START: 6:05PM following a 3 – 5 mile route, which highlights inspiring mountain views and passes historic landmarks.
- POST RUN: Stretching, cool down drills and strengthening
- SNACKS: Provided for participants!
- Join this weekly FUN RUN for camaraderie, fitness, motivation, training! All fitness abilities and age groups welcome to RUN or WALK.
WEDNESDAY SPEED WORK at Estes Park High School Track & Field (Mid-Summer months only)
- WARM-UP: 5:30PM dynamic stretching series
- TRACK/SPEED WORKOUTS: 6:00PM all sessions are lead by coaches. Designed for all distances & abilities. Join the fun for motivation!
THURSDAY TRAIL & BREWERY RUNS!
- YEAR ROUND!, Late Fall thru Late Spring, the Thursday evening runs depart from and finish at rotating local brewery locations in Estes Park. During mid-June, July, August, & September, Thursday Runs will start from designated trailheads. After the trail run, participants will meet at the “Co-Hosting Sponsor” Brewery for 50% off brew or non- alcoholic beverage.
- January thru April, The Barrel of Estes Park
- April – June, Rock Cut Brewery
- July, The Barrel of Estes Park
- August & September, Lumpy Ridge Brewery
- October, Avanti Brewery
- November, Rock Cut Brewery
- Beginning late June, runners meet at announced trailheads or designated parking lots. Please request to join our Facebook group, Estes Park Running Club for weekly information or Estes Park Running Club page for ongoing racing & events in the Estes Park area. Our trail runs typically have 8 – 12 people, which makes it enjoyable! Please join us!
You can find all this info on our Estes Park Running Club Website