Our popular 10K race combines gentle climbs, scenic views of the Continental Divide, cool mountain air and tranquility of Lake Estes. We welcome athletes of all abilities and paces for this runner and walker friendly event! Race it or take it easy – either way you’ll love the experience at this high mountain 10K.
Barry Lawson 10K Info
- Date: June 16th, Sunday FATHER’S DAY!
- Start time: 8:00 am
- Start line: West of Stadium, Middle School parking lot
- Registration is ALLOWED on race day.
- Packet Pick-up: Saturday, 8:00am -5:00pm and Sunday, 6:00am at registration.
- Parking: Please, do NOT parking along road shoulders. Park at Stanley Park, baseball field area and walk the short distance to the Estes Park High School. Check the PDF at the bottom for more info
- Age Group Awards for the 10K: 13 & under, 14 – 16, 17 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40- 49, 50 – 59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- 10K awards will be available to be picked up at the finish line award’s table. The awards table will be located on the field. There wont be an awards ceremony, but we congratulate our top finishers in advance! If you know that you will not pick up your award at the finish line, please let us know and pay $5 at registration for shipping/handling. Thank you!
- We have renamed this event the Barry Lawson 10K in memory of our dear friend and long time Estes Park Marathon supporter Barry Lawson. Barry was responsible for the Estes Valley Youth Center, as well as playing a key role with the Estes Park Schools basketball teams. Barry sadly lost his brave battle with cancer in December 2010 – he is greatly missed.
- View a course map here.
- All races end at the Estes Park High School track and field (elevation 7,550 feet). Routes take place on a mix of multi-use pathways and road shoulders.
- The course is marked with Green directional arrows on the roads and paths. In critical spots there will be course marshals.
Max elevation: 7575 ft
Min elevation: 7428 ft
Total climbing: 381 ft
Total descent: -397 ft
The 10K course start line is EAST of the Middle School building (parking lot area, above Stadium). Runners will pass in front of the Middle School entrance and head westward, merging left onto Manford Avenue. Turn left up Community Drive to the Aquatic Center driveway entrance, turn left following driveway to Elementary School entrance. Meander back to start line area. Turn right out of driveway and turn left down Brodie Avenue and enter bike path at left before Fish Creek Road. Follow bike path, past dog park and through tunnel under highway 36. Turn right onto Lake Estes Trail, heading counter clock-wise, around Lake Estes. Runners will stay on path that follows along Mall Road and into Wapiti Meadows. An aid station will be at the NE pedestrian tunnel, close to 2.5 miles. Runners will continue on the Lake Estes Trail to the dog park pedestrian tunnel, follow trail passing the dog park and Stanley Park to Brodie Avenue. Turn right for a short uphill before entering the track and field at the SE corner. Complete less than one lap of the track counter clockwise and be greeted by enthusiastic crowds at the finish line!
All our courses are recognized for being well marked – just follow the yellow 10K signs on the paths and roads.
Group Runs organized by the Estes Park Running Club & Professional Coaching
TUESDAY EVENING FUN RUN SERIES at the STANLEY HOTEL (Late March thru December)
- WARM-UP & REGISTER: 5:30PM meet at Stanley Hotel.
- RUN START: 6:05PM following a 3 – 5 mile route, which highlights inspiring mountain views and passes historic landmarks.
- POST RUN: Stretching, cool down drills and strengthening
- DINNER: Pasta and Salad for participants! Dinner is provided by the Stanley Hotel. Please, tip the servers!
- Join this weekly FUN RUN for camaraderie, fitness, motivation, training! All fitness abilities and age groups welcome to RUN or WALK.
WEDNESDAY SPEED WORK at Estes Park High School Track & Field (Summer months only)
- WARM-UP: 5:30PM dynamic stretching series
- TRACK/SPEED WORKOUTS: 6:00PM all sessions are lead by coaches. Designed for all distances & abilities. Join the fun for motivation and terrific coaching!
THURSDAY TRAIL RUNS
- Beginning late June, runners meet at announced trailheads or designated parking lots. Please request to join our Facebook group, Estes Park Running Club for weekly information or Estes Park Running Club page for ongoing racing & events in the Estes Park area. Our trail runs typically have 5-8 people, which makes it enjoyable! Please join us!
You can find all this info on our Estes Park Running Club Website
Professional & Personalized Training Programs – register here
Half Marathon to Full Marathon programs with Coach Adam St. Pierre
Meet Adam St. Pierre and read his Biography here . Adam is a professional ski and running coach. He has coached distance runners (ultra runners & ultra racing) and triathletes with great success! His own racing background and achievements offer a direct understanding of what it takes to reach your goals. Coach St. Pierre has a MS in Kinesiology: Exercise Science. We are thrilled to connect our runners with Coach Adam St. Pierre! INFORMATION & REGISTRATION: about the coaching program here & registration click here
Items for sale at the info booth